We’re super-excited to start working on your Assessment, but first we need your help so we can access your file. There are two steps:
First, take a backup of your QuickBooks desktop file.
- Switch to single user mode. (File > Switch to Single-user Mode).
- From the QuickBooks File menu, select Backup Company then Create Local Backup.
- On the Create Backup window, select Local Backup then click Next.
- Where it says “Tell us where to save your backup copies, Click Browse, then select the folder you want to save your backups too. Click OK.
- Choose Save it now and click Next.
- Confirm your backup location and click Save.
- Once the backup is complete, click OK.
Next, upload your QuickBooks backup file to Sharefile.
- Your Account Manager will send you an email that contains a message similar to the one below.
2. Click the link labeled Click here to view this folder. You’ll see a screen like this:
3. Click the green circle with the plus sign and choose Upload from the menu.
4. Click Browse Files.
5. Select your QuickBooks Desktop backup file and click Open. Then click the large green Upload button on the bottom left of your screen.
6. If your file has a password, please send it to us so we can access your data. You can upload a word file with the password in it to your folder, or call or email us your password, whichever you prefer.
That’s it! You’re all done.
Stay tuned for more details later. For now, you deserve some chocolate.